We will be accepting applications for the 2017 guiding season starting March 1st, 2017.
Certified Sea Kayak Guide:
- casual guiding position
- guiding 3- 6 hour kayaking tours
- instructing groups about kayak safety and proper kayaking skills
- helping people move boats into and out of the water
- just arrive for the tour, help people into the water, guide the tour, move boats to upper deck and that's it!
-There is no shop work involved.
- pay - TBD based on ocean kayaking experience and guiding experience with a base rate of $15 /hr
- Current Day sea kayak guide certification with ACSKG or SKGABC - including current Essential Wilderness First Aid and Marine radio certification
- Paddle Canada Instructor Certification an asset
- You have a love of the ocean and are passionate about sea kayaking!
- must be responsible and reliable
- must have an outgoing, friendly personality**very important!
- must have a flexible schedule due to casual hours
- must have good time management skills
- have experience kayak guiding and is able to begin guiding with no supervision
How to Apply:
Please apply for this position via e-mail only.
Include your resume with copies of all applicable certification attached.
We thank you for considering employment with Victoria Waterfront Tours.
We will contact only those people we would like to interview.
Note: Our interview process includes a one to one interview as well as a mini audition.